Need help choosing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alefaz14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, i have had my aquarium for a while now but whenever i buy some fish almost all of them die so right now i have 2 rummy nose tetras, 1 bleeding heart tetra, 3 flying fox siamesises, 1 bristlenose pleco, and 3 algae eating shrimp. I want to have a tank with smaller community fish but i don't know what fish go well together and which ones to pick. If you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

Its a Bio Cube 29 gallon
20"L x 20.75"w x 19.25"h
36watt fluorescent 16" light
freshwater with live plants

Welcome to AA!
How about a group of neon tetras, very colorful, but you need for your tank to be at least 2 months old, very cool fish, you can put a school of five in there
Also, your bleeding heart tetra needs at least three more buddies

If I wanted to do cardinal tetras instead would it work? And the tank is 2 years old

Oh, we'll splendid!
Cardinals are a bit more delicate than neons, but they do have the red bottom line extending all over, so no silver
You can do cardinals, but they are almost double as expensive as neons, and I feel like neons are a fish with more personality

Would I want some sort of centerpiece fish or something like that?

Would the Rams eat or bully the other fish? And would I want to get a male and a female?

Would the Rams or Kribensises be better with neons, rummy noses, and bleeding hearts and the other fish I have?

Hmmm, German blue rams are pretty sensitive, but the most beautiful, I think that Bolivian rams are better than kribensis

So then do you think that bolivian rams would be the best option

Yea, il say Bolivians are good as you get experience with ram behavior, then with experience you can get GBR's

Back
Top Bottom