Need help with clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lennytheblenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have an issue with my clownfish! I moved my clownfish out of my tank because I have a triggerfish and they where to scared to explore the tank so I moved them into my dads tank. A few months after them been there they became a mated couple and have had eggs! But I have a massive problem my dads tank has an angelfish (aggressive),tobyfish (greedy), damselfish, cardinal, crab and UNICID WORMS!!!! All of these are trying to eat the clownfish eggs they have managed to keep 21 alive after two nights what shall I do? And I meant to say a mated pair

Welcome to AA glad you found us here :) honestly unless you dedicate a couple tanks to breeding them you won't ever see baby clowns. Your best to just let them get eaten. Of course that is if you don't want to set up a breeding tank, a fry tank, and a grow out tank along with culturing your own food for the fry.

My dads making a 200 litre tank and a separate 75 extension for the clownfish the only problem is the fibre glass hasn't come so they laid there eggs in the wrong tank so If the eggs do make it depending on how good there parenting is then that will be there home

Lennytheblenny said:
My dads making a 200 litre tank and a separate 75 extension for the clownfish the only problem is the fibre glass hasn't come so they laid there eggs in the wrong tank so If the eggs do make it depending on how good there parenting is then that will be there home

99.9% of the time you will lose all the fry in a community tank that isn't dedicated to just raising them. Saltwater fish are much more difficult to breed and raise in captivity then FW

Back
Top Bottom