Need help with stocking capacity in 55 gallon long tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scorpio fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, everyone I'm new to the site, I'm from California. And I have so many questions that I've been trying to get answerd lol. I have a 55 gallon long tank that I had set up since last year in December. Right now I have 24 fish in the tank. 1 Gourami, 1 kribensis,1Bolevian ram,2 german blue rams,6 Cory's cats,5 SerpaeTetras,5 Zebra loaches,and 3 Otocinclus. I have no issue with them getting along but I really want to know is that way to many fish. Should I stop there or can I add a couple of more let's say tetras if anyone can give me some advice on that it would be nice Thank you.

Attachments

• 20200229_050338.jpg
    20200229_050338.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200303_182244.jpg
    20200303_182244.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 35
Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle?

This is a nice bit of information to make sure you know.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/

If you have a cycled tank, and don't change or rinse the filter pads in untreated tap water then great! No parameter issues and maintaining stability - again good.

New fish will need to be quarantined as to not give your present fish illnesses.

What type tetras, same kind as you have or a new variety are you thinking?

Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle?

This is a nice bit of information to make sure you know.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/

If you have a cycled tank, and don't change or rinse the filter pads in untreated tap water then great! No parameter issues and maintaining stability - again good.

New fish will need to be quarantined as to not give your present fish illnesses.

What type tetras, same kind as you have or a new variety are you thinking?
Thanks for replying. Well my water is pretty good actually my Ammonia is 0, Nitrate 20,Nitrite 0, Hardness150 so it's hard , Chlorine 0, Alkalinity 120, ph 7.2. Have not had any deaths accept for one cory back in January. I Change the water once a week. I also have a few live plants in there also. One hang on the back filter, and 1 sponge filter and I also was thinking glow tetras what would you add? And how many more I was thinking 3 or 4.

Back
Top Bottom