New 100g tank idea help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abelldm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I been in the hobby for about 5 years I have a 30g tank with mostly guppies a few tetras 3 corydoras catfish a true fire belly newt and a male Berta fish I have what a forum called a natural set up wich means I dont fish out the fry or pregnant mothers I just provide plenty of hiding space So that the smartest and healthy fry survive it also helps keep the tanks population balanced meaning the more adults the less fry that survive and vice Versailles defenetly want to do something like that with my 100G but am having a few doubs on what to decide like Freshwater vs salt
If i keep Fw do i Keep a tropical setting or getting more aggressive and/or bigger fish
If Fw do I transfer current fish or get new ones

With that said I really do love critters if had freshwater snails, shrimp, crabs, and dwarf frogs so I welcome any ideas, suggestions and or tips
PS I would also appreciate aquarium set up ideas such as plants backgrounds and decoration themes thank you

:welcome: to AA! 100gs is nice it should make a great cichlid tank. That size tank will cost an ARM and a leg in saltwater. Are you prepared for that if you go that road?

Andrew McFadden said:
:welcome: to AA! 100gs is nice it should make a great cichlid tank. That size tank will cost an ARM and a leg in saltwater. Are you prepared for that if you go that road?

Thank you and no I had not thought of the cost of maintaining a salt water by the way those fish in your Malawi tank are cichlids right?

Back
Top Bottom