New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. Well i'm new to this site as long as the hobby. I've looked into it quite a bit though and have friends who are no strangers to this great hobby. I'm buying a 75 gallon tank here within the next few weeks with plans of an african cichlid tank.

Welcome to AA I did African Cichlids for about 2years very cool and active fish. Good luck smart move starting out with a 75gallon its perfect for Africans, You know though it would make a great looking Saltwater tank as well:p

Welcome to AA! A cichlid tank is very rewarding. I recommend doing a fishless cycle before adding fish.

Yup thats the plan i'm going to have the tank for about a month before the fish so i'll have it ready :)

Awesome, on the more humane fishless cycle! Welcome to the site. We'll have your SW tank up and running in no time! LOL!

How much hassle would real plants be?

Really depends on the plants - there's a huge thread (I've Jumped Over the Planted Tank Fence) with a ton of info on green stuff.

Back
Top Bottom