New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ben757

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I just joined the site. I joined because I recently got a new fish. He's a blood red parrot cichlid and he's named Winstin. I can't get him to come out of his little cave, and he doesn't seem to like the LED light. I read that they're suppose to be very friendly fish that get attached to their owners, and if anyone can give any advice on getting Winston to be more social please reply!! Thanks!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome:

Sorry, I don't know much about Cichlids, so I am afraid I can't help with Winston. You may get some more replies if you post your question about Winston in the Cichlid Discussion forum

My blood parrots have always been very timid and easily spooked. I have has them since spring and the norm time they come out ia feeding time. Welcome to aa

My blood parrots have always been very timid and easily spooked. I have has them since spring and the norm time they come out ia feeding time. Welcome to aa

I seem to have noticed that too, I don't have any, but when I see them at the pet store they seem very scared and timid.

I can at that of my two. The bigger is out more but still will fly into hiding I any fast movements in the room. Even with dither fish if zebra danios and rosey barbs it doesn't change

:welcome: to AA! :)

There are many Ben's on here. I see you are one of them, so am I (y)

For the BP:
What size tank is this? What other fish do you have in the tank?

:welcome: to AA! :)

There are many Ben's on here. I see you are one of them, so am I (y)

For the BP:
What size tank is this? What other fish do you have in the tank?
I'm using my old 10 gallon tank, since he's only a baby. I'm planing on puting other fish in there soon, and upgrading to a larger tank when nessecary.

Float some wistria or java moss at top of tank to break up light. Some chlids don't like high light...

Liveaquaria.com classifieds on here or possibly ur lfs....

Back
Top Bottom