new !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chas10

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I've only been in the hobby a little over a year but quickly became obsessed & have many tanks & learn new things everyday! Looking forward to the day when I can have my own fish room :) I have no one locally that loves fish as much as I do so I need some fellow fish geeks to talk to! I have intrests in many different types of fish & aprechiate the behaviors of them all no matter how diverse. I've got to say my baby oscar has a special spot for me right now though ;)

Hi all I've only been in the hobby a little over a year but quickly became obsessed & have many tanks & learn new things everyday! Looking forward to the day when I can have my own fish room :) I have no one locally that loves fish as much as I do so I need some fellow fish geeks to talk to! I have intrests in many different types of fish & aprechiate the behaviors of them all no matter how diverse. I've got to say my baby oscar has a special spot for me right now though ;)

Hey! Im the exact same way! I started with one, and escalated to 3 over a year! Its a great hobby! And i'm already making plans for my next tank! How old are you?

I started with a 10 gal & now have 5 from 10gal to 75. Just bought the 75 on craigslist for 125$ pretty excited to eventually set that up. I'm 21

I started with a 10 gal & now have 5 from 10gal to 75. Just bought the 75 on craigslist for 125$ pretty excited to eventually set that up. I'm 21

Haha wow thats crazy! And yeah that sounds like fun!

My biggest problem is room right now I live in an upstairs apartment so I have to put all updates & stuff on hold until I have a house with an extra room for all of it. But in the mean time just reasearching my butt off to learn all I can.

My biggest problem is room right now I live in an upstairs apartment so I have to put all updates & stuff on hold until I have a house with an extra room for all of it. But in the mean time just reasearching my butt off to learn all I can.

Gotcha, makes sense. And smart idea. And welcome! Post pictures of your tanks and tell us your stock!

Welcome and happy to see ya on here.
There are great deal of people who will help you on here. Its great that you are gong to research it all. Mighty important. Hope you find all the help you need on here.

Thank you guys! I try to learn as much as possible but it takes a lot of experience too but ill have that as well with time. Do any of you know about Oscars? Or have owned them...

Thank you guys! I try to learn as much as possible but it takes a lot of experience too but ill have that as well with time. Do any of you know about Oscars? Or have owned them...

No Oscars for this girl; but there is a ton of info in the cichlid section

:Welcome: to the forum!!

I've had an Oscar and they have quite the personality!! Great choice. Usually they say they need a 75 gallon for themselves. They get biiiggg!

I have had an Oscar and they have quite nice character if trained properly. Love there cool patterns and the way they can gulp down feeder fish with no prob. Bones and all!! It takes me like an hour just to eat a part of a fish with picking out bones, etc. They r amazing fish...... :)

I have a baby that I got a month ago,, I have fallen in love with his personality! I just got him a 75 gal but won't move him yet he's still pretty little & is best buds with my female German blue ram right now so ill let them have their fun while they can. I have been researching whether or not I can put anything with him when I move him to his 75 & if so what would work best. I know their temperaments will change but he is very sweet & has never paid attention to any other fish besides the GBR. (36 with 2 zebra minnow & 3 cories at the moment)

I think he's a lutino red... Not sure though that's just from my research. Red eyes but black outline on the fins & no patterns on his orange parts just solid

ForumRunner_20130523_220450.jpg

I actually put a baby convict in & the GBR hated him she has never been like that & my oscar was depressed so I seperated the convict & they are happy as can be again. The convict also terrorized all of them.

Back
Top Bottom