new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heather1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
My name is Heather and I am new here to this site. I joined in hopes to receive help and/or advice on my aquariums. I have had my 55 gallon tank for about 2 years now. I started with a betta and quickly fell in love and expanded to a 10 gallon. I now have a total of 8 aquariums, my 55 gallon being my most prided.
For the last year I have tried to successfully achieve a lush live planted aquarium with no luck. I have spent more money then I care to even think about and still my plants have algae and are brown. I tore down my tank a while back and put the lattice down followed by the CaribSea Eco-Complete mixed with regular gravel. Then added all new plants. And here we go again with algae and brown dying plants.:banghead: I added 2 Coralife Aqualight 48" Dual Linear Strip T5 FRESHWATER Aquarium Lighting Fixture and sterilization pump. I have 4 air stones and 2 hang off the back filters also. I do have drift wood and rocks in the aquarium as well. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank you

Me too. I see all these beautiful tanks and for the life of me I can not get my plants to live without the algae or just dying. On top of everything I wrote I do feed my plants once a week with FlorinMulti, it is a complete multi-nutrient with iron and iodine. Hopefully we can get some advice on how to grow plants.

Back
Top Bottom