New and Confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdhemeon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:)Hello Everyone,
My son got a 2.5 gallon betta tank as a gift so we bought him a male betta which we've had for a while. We decided to get a 30 gallon tank when we finished our basement. We have it set up and it's been running for a few weeks. (has filter and heater). Currently we're trying to decide what kind of fish to get and how many. I really like the Molly's (black, cremecicle and the dalmations) and I also like the dwarf Gourami's and Red Wag Platy's and Glofish. Of course I wouldn't put that many in one tank but I'm having trouble deciding which to get and how many of each to make them happiest. If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it. Our Betta is doing so well and my son loves him I want to make sure the new fish do just as well.

Welcome to the forum!
Make sure you read the article AquaKai posted. Running a tank is not enough to cycle the it (meaning to build up the necessary bacteria that neutralzie the ammonia present in fish waste). Those fish are indeed good options for your tank. You should familiarize yourself with cycling, and then post a thread about your cycle log in the "getting started" section so people can help you if you still have questions. You can also post a thread about your stocking options. That is the best way top get the most help.

Back
Top Bottom