New and need advice please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackett91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys and gals I have a quick question and hopefully I'm in the right forum. If not I'm sorry. Just started a tank 4 days ago. 75 gal running two aqueon 75 HOB filters (being that I didn't want to buy a skimmer right away) a hydro 850 Gph pump, with 25 lbs of live sand, 75 lbs of crushed corral and 75 lbs of live rock. PH- 7.9,ammonia 0-.1 (depending on test time) NO2-0, NO3- 2-4(depending on time). I currently have 2 chromis, a cardinal, a chocolate chip starfish and 3 emerald crab ( happened to come in my live rock). I am receiving tomorrow: a puffer, two butterflies ( both easy maintenance) a dotty and a kole yellowtang. I understand this could be too much possibly at once but I'm very impatient and my fish are doing great.

So now to my question lol. Is there anything I can do to prepare for them? And what's the likely hood of all of them making it? Can send a picture of the tank if that helps. Thank you for your time and advice in advance.

I can't help you with your SW questions, as I do only fresh. Sorry. But, welcome to the community. If you post your question in the "Getting Started" forum of the saltwater section, you'll probably get your answers sooner.

Hey guys and gals I have a quick question and hopefully I'm in the right forum. If not I'm sorry. Just started a tank 4 days ago. 75 gal running two aqueon 75 HOB filters (being that I didn't want to buy a skimmer right away) a hydro 850 Gph pump, with 25 lbs of live sand, 75 lbs of crushed corral and 75 lbs of live rock. PH- 7.9,ammonia 0-.1 (depending on test time) NO2-0, NO3- 2-4(depending on time). I currently have 2 chromis, a cardinal, a chocolate chip starfish and 3 emerald crab ( happened to come in my live rock). I am receiving tomorrow: a puffer, two butterflies ( both easy maintenance) a dotty and a kole yellowtang. I understand this could be too much possibly at once but I'm very impatient and my fish are doing great.

So now to my question lol. Is there anything I can do to prepare for them? And what's the likely hood of all of them making it? Can send a picture of the tank if that helps. Thank you for your time and advice in advance.

Wow. That's why to much way to fast, your going through your cycle, which is really gonna hurt your fish unless you do huge water changes.

Truthfully, to properly cycle a tank, espically saltwater, it should at least take a month. An considering out delicate some of the livestock is, I suspect you might see a lot of deaths, such as that sea star. Inverts are very sensitive to. And that's a ton of fish at once, I would suspect that the ammonia is already buring the hills of your fish. Your looking at several big water changes if you want every thing to pull through this, also your ph is way to low. It should be 8.0-8.3, you should have no ammonia or nitritein a cycled tank.

Also that puffer is more then likely gonna eat the inverts, and butterfly's are tricking to feed

Back
Top Bottom