New and need advise on PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atlansfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I join this site so that I can quick access to information on tank maintenance. I would normally be sifting through a few pages of fish book to get the answer I need or go to the pet store which is about a 15-20 min drive from my home.

I've had two fish tank for a while now a 45 gal tank with semi aggressive and a 35 gal tank with mostly molly in it. I've had my ups and down with these tanks from fish suddenly dying, to white spot on fish etc but have gotten those under control. Fishes seem to be doing extremely fine.

I decided to change the filter and do a water today and now the PH on my 35 gal tank of molly is at 8.0? Is this safe my Mollies? If no how do I lower PH.

Biggest thing about ph is stability. As long as it does not constantly change, you will be just fine. Most fish can adjust to a wide range of ph

Welcome to forums, i forgot to ask what was your ph before and whats the ph level out of your tap?

I check my PH about 2 weeks ago and it was 7.5 then I wasn't able to check it today before my better half clean the tank. How do I check the PH of my tap water?

Back
Top Bottom