New and needing some ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss.TMRC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! So as you can probably see by my username, I am TMRC Exotics wife, and am somewhat familar with this forum. I recently purchased 20h and I am planning on doing a saltwater tank. We had one a while back but it was really his and I just enjoyed watching it lol. I know saltwater is overall more difficult than a beginner freshwater but I love the options you have with saltwater. I am planning on starting simple with just some sand and live rock to start cycling. Past that I have been looking at some peaceful small fish like some gobys or small clown fish. Anyone have any suggestions on what else would be suitable stock for a small starting saltwater?

A pair of clownfish and a pair of cleaner shrimp are never a bad idea.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

We've been looking at several species of goby. She is really interested in the inverts also. Were hoping to add some simple coral frags at some point. Maybe some green star polyps or some of the other ones locally available to us.

The tank won't be up and running until mid may so we have some time to research. A few other questions were on filtration, is a skimmer really necessary in a nano that will have 20 lbs of rock and either an aquaclear 50-70 hob or a fluval 106 canister filter? Which of the two mechanical filters is preferred, hang on back or canisters? Will be running purigen in either.

A shrimp goby/ pistol shrimp is a cool relationship if you've never seen it. My personal favorites are the yasha goby and red banded hi fin goby, but there are lots of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom