new aquarists need advice with two 36 gal. bowfronts fresh and brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello forum,

Recently my girlfriend and I bought two 36 gal. Bowfront aquariums with full spectrum lighting and 4 stage filters from aqueon and set about the task of beefing up the shelving in the built in bookshelves on either side of the bed for the added 700 pounds :blink: we have two 10 gallons (one community freshwater and one aggressive brackish tank) now that are cycled stocked and frankly getting crowded that we bough as starters we loved so much we decided to upgrade. We are slightly new to the hobby and could use some advice with the following problems. Our community tank has some African dwarf frogs, neon tetras, mollies and a leopard guppy and a Cory catfish, any suggestions on some nice community fish that would be good for the new large tank considering thonly once though e mollies will be gone and the frogs and such thatx will be left as well as pointers on getting it cycled quickly and seasoned ready for fish fast wold be great. My next question is for my aggressive brackish tank currently I have two cetnolucious hujeta about 1.25" here are four tiger barbs 1"(who I have come to understand can do fine with the salt?) And one "freshwater" flounder 1" any advice on the proper method amount and type of salt to use to bring the tank up slowly to the proper true brackish salinity and any advice on quickly getting the new larger tank cycled and seasoned as well would be greatly appreciated. Lastly I noticed recently that my tiger barbs are flashing on the sand not often only seldomly every few hours or so more during feeding time I even noticed one of the hujetas do it once, again it was during feeding time only once though. Any and I mean any and all advice with my flounder would be greatly appreciated as I hear they can be difficult so far he seems to be doing very well eating and so forth, and any betta breding advice would also be great. OK well I think that covers it lol look forward to the advice.

Aquarium crazy,
Mike and Michelle

Welcome Mike and Michelle! You'll be addicted to the forums soon ;)

You will get more replies if you make a new thread in the appropriate category. Because the member introductions are hardly looked at lol

hello, i started just like you guys. after my tank cycled i just started to add about 3 new fish about 2weeks apart. i stared with a 36 gal. bowfront and now i have a 80 gal. i already want a 125 gal now. its so addicting, my wife thinks im a little crazy. lol . as far as what kind, i just got fish that we all semi aggressive. guaramis are good fish they come in a few colors. you may want a another bottom feeder maybe a pleco, they also keep the glass clean. good luck. have a blessed weekend.

Back
Top Bottom