New. Betta mom of three.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jordyn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I just joined the site today in search of some helpful advice.
I did make a thread, but I see it takes a bit to be visible to the public, due to the fact that I had some images in the post. When it is up it's in the DYI section of the forum!

I currently have 3 betta fish, each dwelling in their own heated 5 gallon bins. I just buy clear plastic storage bins from Wal MArt, and use them because I find them so much more practical. They look great, they're durable, and I just love them. Tanks are awkward and hard to clean, and I only keep bettas, so it just works!

THey're all veil tailed bettas, named Brom, Gyarados and Murtagh. Yes, I am an Inheritence LOVER, so a lot of my pets are named after characters from the novels, lol.
I also am the mother of three female roborovski hamsters, Saphira, Darmani and Nidorino. I also have a 5 year old Yorkshire Terrier, Emma.
I love animals, and have rescued most of them from unfit homes, or poor situations. Such as surrendered litters.

I work in a pet store, and strive to make the animals who come into the store happy, and leave healthy and in good hands. I am currently upgrading a few grade 12 classes, as I had little room last semester before I graduated. I will be start pre-vet classes next fall. I am a huge animal lover, I have been a vegetarian for 7 years.

The thread I am awaiting validation from is regarding a DYI sump system I am trying to incorporate for my bettas. I know little about filtration systems, because I know bettas do not need them. However, with three different tanks, I am finding it tedious work to clean them all every 10 days and want to find a way to hook them all up, and make life a little easier!

This seems like a really good site, I hope to learn some new things, and get some good advice! Thanks! :)

welcome to AA. good job keeping your bettas in proper sized tanks,but they really should be filtered

Thank you for your welcomes! I am finding this site very informative and helpful! :D

Back
Top Bottom