New, but enthusiastic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aricml

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone! My name is Aric, and I'm from Pueblo CO. I've been lurking here for quite some time scheming and plotting my first aquarium.. Using your advice I have my beginner set up and figured I should say hello!

I have been interested in having an aquarium for over 10 years, since I took a high school trip to the Institute of Marine Biology on Eluthera in the Bahamas. Since then Ive been a moderately active SCUBA diver and find some of my deepest relaxation watching fish swim around. This hobby just seemed where I was destined to head.

Well after hearing my whine about it for about a year, my girlfriend got my a 20g tank kit to finally shut me up. I was/am desperate not to mess it up and to give my fish a good home, so I read all the forums I could find looking for advice on how to get up and running.

I read the article on fishless cycling and it made so much sense, and seemed so much more humane than the "hardy fish" advice I'd recieved. that I decided this site would be the one I would trust. So I kept reading, got all my supplies, and let my tank cycle for about a month before I just recently introduced; 1 Blue Gourami, 2 Flame Dwarf Gourami, and 1 Fiddler Crab to my tank. The Blue Gourami was far too territorial and he went back to the LFS the next morning, but so far everything else is going great!

I know extremely little about aquaria, and I will be leaning on this community heavily for advice while me and my starter tank get going. I hope to eventually be able to answer questions for other newbies down the road!

Great to meet you all!

-Aric

Welcome to AA:) hope we all live up to your expectations on answers (which I know we will;) ). Good luck with your newish aquarium!

Back
Top Bottom