New Fish Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackRyan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all!

I'm new to fish and new to the site. As every single other post in this thread.

The only reason I'm here is because when I needed help and fish advice this website popped up first. After some browsing I decided to stick around!

My girlfriend surprised me with a 5 gallon tank for Christmas. And neither of us new anything about fish. A couple of weeks later, by the time we both got back to our college, we had lost... quite a few fish. I'm sure it's a common story for real fish experts.

But after that I decided that I wasn't going to allow any more tragedies. So I started learning and fixing my tank up. Now I have (I think, I hope) everything I need (this includes correcting pH, temp, filtration, food, disease, etc.) and the fish are doing well.

I have 3 black and orange fish (tuxedo I think? bear in mind that I didn't buy any and I have no idea what their actually names are), 2 black mollies, 5 small striped (horizontal) fish, A very small clear fish with a big split fin tail, and a plecostumous (sp?). That's 12 total. Which I know is a bit overcrowded, but is way better than what my girlfriend had originally started it with.

So sorry for the long rambling intro. But if you've made it this far thanks for sticking with it!

and hello again!

Jack Ryan

Back
Top Bottom