New from Brooklyn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmyMc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All -

Despite having a 30 gallon tank for more than eight years, I'm still barely above novice level. But I'm trying! Recently got into adding live plants, and just removed my last bit of plastic (other than the bit that my java fern is now tied to, for vertical interest). Managing to keep everything alive, for the most part, but have too many other calls for my attention to be able to devote too much bandwidth. Happy to find a forum for questions that might come up, however, so happy to join the community.

Thanks!

Amy

Attachments

• 2021-06-11 23.26.46.jpg
    2021-06-11 23.26.46.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 33
Hello Amy, I must say that your tank looks pretty good, that does not seem to be done by a beginner, I'm happy when an aquarist changes his artificial decorations for plants and natural elements, not only do you do a good in terms of aesthetics, but also your fish, more comfort and less stress for them. By the way, good selection of fish, although they will ask you for a bigger tank soon :D , keep us posted.

Thanks for the positive feedback, LaloJ. The fish populations is pretty stable, thank goodness. The Australian Rainbow is going on 9 years old (though we got him with the tank, so I can't be 100% sure). There are two Siamese algae eaters (about 5-6 years old), five assorted tetra (the youngest are 2), a ghost shrimp (had more, but he's the final hold out and about 3-4 years old), and two panda cory (about 6 years old). They've achieved pretty decent equilibrium, though the Rainbow has recently stopped eating. Trying to figure out what's going on there, but he might just be ... old.

Back
Top Bottom