New from Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yowen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I've had a Cichlid for the past 3 years. It was given to me in a bowl (poor guy), I eventually sprung for a whopping 6 gallon tank with filer (still poor guy), but I didn't know any better and at least it was a whole lot better than a <1 gallon bowl. The guy lived to be about 7 or 8 years old, of which I had him for 3, I am glad I saved it, it was quite a fun fish.

Now I've gotten a 20 gallon tank with three really little cichlids in it, one is orange, one is a bumblebee and one is blue with green fins. I want to go back to the store to ID the other two again, or maybe you guys know.

After buying them I discovered this website and I found as I see many of you know, the pet store probably should not have let me get these fish in a 20 gallon, but oh well, they are little, so I can get away with it for now, but I'll eventually have to find a bigger tank.

Reason I joined is that I wanted to post the progress on the diy hood I am starting today, with 96 white leds (4 strips of 24). I should have it in the DIY section soon.

:welcome: to AA! We hope you enjoy :)

Most african mbuna Cichlids grow pretty fast. they will have that tank outgrown within a year and because of aggression they need a 55 gallon tank at least. So with that being said it would be a good idea to take them back to the store or find a bigger tank very soon. Good luck I hope to see you around

:welcome: to AA! We hope you enjoy :)

Most african mbuna Cichlids grow pretty fast. they will have that tank outgrown within a year and because of aggression they need a 55 gallon tank at least. So with that being said it would be a good idea to take them back to the store or find a bigger tank very soon. Good luck I hope to see you around

Dang! I was afraid of that (the fast growing), my first cichlid was a quick grower too. I've grown attached to the fish though! So I guess a 55 gallon is in my future, problem is, I am renting an apartment right now and I'd really like to wait till I buy a house, which I am about a year away from :facepalm:

Trust me.... 55 tank now house later. haha Just run it with a light load until you move. Then you can pick up all the "extras" when you do move.

Tank stuff can always be housewarming requests!!!

Back
Top Bottom