New from Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullnugget

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello fairly new to the hobby, I have a 55 gallon community tank still trying to fill and a 20 long African Clawed Frog tank(more for my 2 girls). I also have another 55, 40 long? I think, and another 20 long sitting empty. Not real sure on what I want to do with those yet.

The 55 currently has a Rainbow shark, Angelfish, angelicus botia, clown loach, clown pleco and I just bought 4 otos but 2 have already died. The 55 has been getting a bit of brown algae growing in it, I havnt been the best on keeping with my water changes the last month, have been working a lot of overtime.

The ACF tank just has the 2 frogs in it, wanting to get one more. Since these guys eat about everything, including snails have already tried that one, how can I combat algae to make sure I never get it?

Here is a couple pictures....
img_2562080_0_a6cd2aa5d212c11c7d24458af65dc1c9.html

WP_20130712_0021_zpsd8d98988.jpg.html

Hello fairly new to the hobby, I have a 55 gallon community tank still trying to fill and a 20 long African Clawed Frog tank(more for my 2 girls). I also have another 55, 40 long? I think, and another 20 long sitting empty. Not real sure on what I want to do with those yet.

The 55 currently has a Rainbow shark, Angelfish, angelicus botia, clown loach, clown pleco and I just bought 4 otos but 2 have already died. The 55 has been getting a bit of brown algae growing in it, I havnt been the best on keeping with my water changes the last month, have been working a lot of overtime.

The ACF tank just has the 2 frogs in it, wanting to get one more. Since these guys eat about everything, including snails have already tried that one, how can I combat algae to make sure I never get it?

Here is a couple pictures....

Hey, welcome to the forum. Your going to have problems in the future with the clown loach and rainbow shark. Clown loaches get to big for that tank and rainbow sharks are highly aggressive. But your tanks are beautiful. :)

Hey, welcome to the forum. Your going to have problems in the future with the clown loach and rainbow shark. Clown loaches get to big for that tank and rainbow sharks are highly aggressive. But your tanks are beautiful. :)

Thanks! did the pictures load? on my screen they are only showing black x's. The 55 gallon will go through a changeover, I am keeping the shark and clown pleco. The Angelfish I had to more of, but died for some reason? Also the clown loach and angelicus botia were more of an impulse buy because of what the guy at the local fish store had and my wife and girls liked them. I want to get some silver dollars and rosy barbs or red glass barbs to put in there along with replacing the other 2 otos.

Thanks! did the pictures load? on my screen they are only showing black x's. The 55 gallon will go through a changeover, I am keeping the shark and clown pleco. The Angelfish I had to more of, but died for some reason? Also the clown loach and angelicus botia were more of an impulse buy because of what the guy at the local fish store had and my wife and girls liked them. I want to get some silver dollars and rosy barbs or red glass barbs to put in there along with replacing the other 2 otos.

Alright, just be wary if the sharks. Clown loaches are slow growers so you should be fine for a while. SD get to big so go with rosy or glass barbs.

Back
Top Bottom