New from VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FamilyFish3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have been reading many many posts on Aquarium Advice and have finally registered.:popcorn: (This site has been extremely helpful lately.) My husband and I have had some experience with freshwater fish in our teens/twenties but besides monitoring the pH, I never cycled a tank. I consider myself a seasoned newbie at this point. Now, twenty years later, I am so thankful for the internet and the amount of information available to properly cycle, maintain and stock an aquarium. We recently purchased a 13g kit for our 8yr old daughter as a Christmas present and it turned into a fun family project. After ordering bacteria filter media from AngelsPlus and using a small portion for her tank, we couldn’t resist purchasing a 60 gal (48x13x24) for us. (How could we let all that good bacteria go to waste?:D). So now we have completed our fishless cycle in the 60, with a Fluval 306 canister, substrate is pool filter sand mixed with a little black blasting sand, and created our aquascape. We have been using the aqadvisor for stocking scenarios and visiting what LFS we can find. I have found conflicting advice, but settled on purchasing three gourami to start – 1 male blue, 1 female blue and 1 female pearl from a LFS in Leesburg, VA. I will end this novel and move on to another thread for stocking advice. Glad to be here. Cheers!

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 1,058
Back
Top Bottom