New girl on the block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherri

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I joined in hopes of finding information/advise on re-sealing a leaking tank and also on which types of freshwater fish can be tank buddies :fish2: and also bring the most color and activtiy/personality to a 55 gal tank. I wish I could say it's mine but I'm trying to get it done by Mother's Day for my Mom....so at least I'll still get to enjoy it :) I have had both fresh and saltwater tanks in the past and I am located in GA. So thanks for allowing me to be in the community!

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Sherri! Welcome to AA. I've found this video to be a great help in resealing leaky tanks (or in my case, the silicone was so blue from meds, it was ugly!) Also this link has good written instuctions http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-tank-re-seal-full-instructions-15621.html

I'm assuming you already know all about cycling properly (with an ammonia source), but if you don't click the link on starting an aquarium (below) to get a good overview.

As for fish, what are you looking for? Bright colors? Schooling fish (so relaxing!) A couple big centerpiece fish? A fun community? Active fish? Let us know more so we can throw out suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom