New Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobby_0147

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wanted to say hello. I just joined and am currently setting up my 90 gallon tank for SA cichlids.

Welcome to AA! A cichlid tank will most likely be my next adventure so I'll be following this thread for sure. There are a lot of very passionate Cichlid owners on here so you're in great hands

Bobby_0147 said:
Just wanted to say hello. I just joined and am currently setting up my 90 gallon tank for SA cichlids.

Welcome my friend!

SA Cichlids are awesome! Are you doing dwarf or larger?

Got some pics uploaded to my album. I was told by LFS that these guys could live together in my 90 gallon. Suppose to be a Firemouth, salvini, and a jewel cichlid. Which the jewel was purple at the lfs and now has lost its color. With these guys I have 3 swordtails and 2 blackfin tetras. The swordtails had babys and I saved some and stuck them in the breeder net.

Attachments

• IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3112.jpg
    IMG_3112.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3105.jpg
    IMG_3105.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 68
Does anyone know how many SA cichlids I can stick in my 90 gallon? I have an AC110, Power Head with filter, and Auqatop cf 500uv canister filter. I plan on moving the 2 black fin tetras out and leaving the swordtails if they don't get bullied by the cichlids. I would like to get maybe a jack dempsey or another like it to get some more color in the tank.

If you post this in the cichlids section you'll get more responses there. It depends on the size and requirements of the fish.

Back
Top Bottom