New guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WattsySSFC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
Im an aussie just starting out with a 120L tank.
Had some trouble cycling until i upgraded my filter to an Eheim classic and my tank fully cycled in under 2 weeks from there. I now have 3 angels 2 guppys to keep the misses happy and an amazing albino longfin bristlenose. When i introduced my longfin the angels (already established in the tank) seemed very intrigued and nibbled at it a bit. I kept a close eye for about an hour to make sure there wasnt too much bullying. Are angles territorial or were they just being inquisitive? Should i be concerned?

The other thing is feeding the longfin. Should i feed it or is it happy just to cruise around the tank and feed off the algae etc.?

Any comments/tips are welcome im very excited to join this community :)

Thanks, Adam.

Hey everyone,
Im an aussie just starting out with a 120L tank.
Had some trouble cycling until i upgraded my filter to an Eheim classic and my tank fully cycled in under 2 weeks from there. I now have 3 angels 2 guppys to keep the misses happy and an amazing albino longfin bristlenose. When i introduced my longfin the angels (already established in the tank) seemed very intrigued and nibbled at it a bit. I kept a close eye for about an hour to make sure there wasnt too much bullying. Are angles territorial or were they just being inquisitive? Should i be concerned?

The other thing is feeding the longfin. Should i feed it or is it happy just to cruise around the tank and feed off the algae etc.?

Any comments/tips are welcome im very excited to join this community :)

Thanks, Adam.
I'm pretty sure angels are territorial, and can be bullies. I haven't dealt with ones in saltwater, but the ones I've had in freshwater tanks can be bossy, particularly with other angels. Welcome to the site; I am new to this site today myself!

I have a longfin albino BN too! She loves cucumbers. I feed her everyday and she is always very interested, despite keeping my 55 gallon fancy goldfish tank pretty immaculate. :)

Back
Top Bottom