New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yea deff don't want to risk losing fish and walls floor ect.

It doesn't look like much but there is a bulge

It does appear to be flexing a bit..A brace wouldn't help that though..it would just be supporting it in case it flexed more, but that doesn't mean anything since it's the glass on the outside, not the top. The brace that you're talking about is probably for the glass cover to support that. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I work for a restoration company (water, fire, mold, etc) and I can atest to this for sure lol.

Ya fish life's are not worth thousands in damage in just a 21 year old but I can only imagine what that would cost ! I'm terrified my tank could blow up in my apartment !

I find it weird the back looks straight and the front i bowing .. If you you where trying to brace it and hold the top back I think all that would do is warp it more in the middle creating like a a more spherical bulge that's concentrated on a center point causing it to bust .

Ya fish life's are not worth thousands in damage in just a 21 year old but I can only imagine what that would cost ! I'm terrified my tank could blow up in my apartment !

And I don't believe a fish tank is covered in your insurance (would have to check your policy). Some fish tank companies have plans in place..

It does appear to be flexing a bit..A brace wouldn't help that though..it would just be supporting it in case it flexed more, but that doesn't mean anything since it's the glass on the outside, not the top. The brace that you're talking about is probably for the glass cover to support that. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So this is normal should I worry? And not sure it was just bare tank when I got it no top or filter system I just have a temp cage cover now

I find it weird the back looks straight and the front i bowing .. If you you where trying to brace it and hold the top back I think all that would do is warp it more in the middle creating like a a more spherical bulge that's concentrated on a center point causing it to bust .

Yeah..Idk..I thought it was weird too. Hm..is there a manufacturers sticker on it too? Or a code you could look up to see if it is a legit fish tank? If it is..then I wouldn't worry. It would scare me to know he never had it fully filled and used it like that and then sold it to you, especially since fish ones are easily 2X the price.

So this is normal should I worry? And not sure it was just bare tank when I got it no top or filter system I just have a temp cage cover now

Could you contact the seller and ask for the name of the tank? Like.. "Top Fin 55" or if it is like"Repto 55" or something..then you might be in trouble. I would maybe drain some of the water out until you figure it out for sure.

image-3989405087.jpg

You may can see the back bulge a little here

Could you contact the seller and ask for the name of the tank? Like.. "Top Fin 55" or if it is like"Repto 55" or something..then you might be in trouble. I would maybe drain some of the water out until you figure it out for sure.

I've had the tank for a while when it stored my beardie I problem wouldn't have a way to contact him :/ when I cleaned it that's the only sticker I seen

And look at the tank and see if the flexing goes down or away when you remove some water..that might let you know too.

And look at the tank and see if the flexing goes down or away when you remove some water..that might let you know too.

Ok I'll check and see what happens so you don't think the anchor would mean fish tank or just like a company logo? Maybe

Ya sadly you might have to use it half full or get a glass cutter take odd the top plastic frame cut the tank in half horizontally and them read here the plastic rim.. That's what I would do atleast or try it if I was stuck with the tank

I'd say it means fish tank but idk things don't make sense these days

Yea true so if I take about 1/4 of the water out and the flexing goes down does that mean it was a reptile tank I mean flexing is normal somewhat on a tank right do u think this is too much? Sorry for all the questions but i am new and just want to make sure I get it right

Back
Top Bottom