New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BJ1983

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm Ben... New the the Aquarium world, just purchased. Wall mounted 35ltr tank, here for some tips and many questions.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395249966.364523.jpg

Added 6 neon tetras to it today (my first fish) but they all keep hiding below the filter out of view lol.

When can I start adding more fish and different breeds to the tank?

Welcome! Beautiful tank!! How long has the water been cycling through the tank for?

Hi Ben and welcome
you did cycle the tank, right? If not you will need to monitor water parameters and let everything get established before any more fish added. 35L litre is about 10 gallon, so not many more can be added really.

If you can get a water testing kit it should tell you if its safe to add more fish ☺️

Hi Ben and welcome
you did cycle the tank, right? If not you will need to monitor water parameters and let everything get established before any more fish added. 35L litre is about 10 gallon, so not many more can be added really.

Probably not, like I say I'm new to this. Just going on a friends advice to leave the water 2 weeks with the filter on...

The tetras are tiny and are all hiding in one corner? Surely I can add more fish at some point it looks empty lol

Dunno I'm english.

The tanks measures 140cm x 15cm x 10cm

Hey Ben

If them measurements are right it makes the tank 21 litres or 5.5 us gallons.
Aq advisor is a good website for telling you how stocked you are. I just put your details in and it says you are 35% stocked.
With the tank being so narrow I would imagine you would have to stick with small fish similar to the neon tetras but you should definitely be able to get some more in there

Hey Ben

If them measurements are right it makes the tank 21 litres or 5.5 us gallons.
Aq advisor is a good website for telling you how stocked you are. I just put your details in and it says you are 35% stocked.
With the tank being so narrow I would imagine you would have to stick with small fish similar to the neon tetras but you should definitely be able to get some more in there

Sorry I got muddled up, it is 152x44x11 does that make it more like 35ltr?

I'll have a look at the website, thanks mate.

Sorry I got muddled up, it is 152x44x11 does that make it more like 35ltr?

I'll have a look at the website, thanks mate.

Them measurements would give you 73 ltr

To calculate the volume in litres just multiply the length by the with by the height ( in cm) and divide your answer by 1000.

70 litres gives you a lot more room to work with.
Just keep with fairly small fish so they have room to turn.

Them measurements would give you 73 ltr

To calculate the volume in litres just multiply the length by the with by the height ( in cm) and divide your answer by 1000.

70 litres gives you a lot more room to work with.
Just keep with fairly small fish so they have room to turn.

Hmmm that must be the overall size then including the picture frame and flap underneath to house the power points, will have a proper measure tonight.

Thanks for your help though :)

No bother. The best measurement to get would be the internal measurements. But either way you should have room for a few more fish

Back
Top Bottom