Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New Guy

36 Gallon Bowfront
2x Juvie Blood Parrots
2x Platinum Parrots
2x Juvie Pictus Catfish (store recommended over loaches and cory cats)

Originally had just the 1 blood parrot, 2 platinum parrots, and 1 pictus. The blood parrot and pictus were both getting majorly bullied by the platinums. My blood parrot would hide on the side of the floating driftwood (that's been a fun discovery in itself) and the pictus was swimming up and down at the top of the tank.

Got an additional blood parrot and pictus to try to pair them up. The original blood parrot became more social almost instantly. But now I have two pictus cats that don't realize they are supposed to be bottom dwellers. They both will stay at the top of the tank. Water parameters are solid aside from slightly high CH. If the pictus don't calm down with the parrots, probably moving them to another 20 gallon tank I have for now.

So, I'll be exploring getting driftwood to stay sunk, what's going on with the pictus cats, and the best methods to lower CH along with whatever else pops up. Thanks for having me!

Old 09-17-2020, 01:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hi, welcome to the community!

DW seems to have a mind of it's own! Boiling it but I have never personally done it.

Drilling a hole and using a SS screw to add a slate stone or tile (in needed size) to the underside. I have a couple of those and they work really well especially if you want your DW to sitting a very specific angle which doesn't necessarily work with the bottom of the tank.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com