new guy from socal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crb530

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello every one

i am new to this forum and i am getting into more advance aquarium setups.

right now i have a 10 gallon set up and a 29 gallon i will soon be setting up a 55 and an 88

the two i have are bolth fresh water and im hoping to make at least one salt water

i am full of questions.

i have a mega flow 2 sump that i am having trouble with setting up and i would like some help

i need to know what size pump i should use as a return for my 55 right now i have a 580gph with a max head of 10.5 ft and i was wondering if that was to much

thank you all for your help

Welcome to AA!!

You have to match the pump to the overflow that you have on the tank. I would expect that a 580gph pump would not be too much for your tank, again it all depends on what your overflow can handle.

my over flow is a top mount with one of thoughs big u tubes i dont know what the flow speed is cause i got it from a friend.

the problem i am having is that i am not getting a steady flow into the sump the over flow fills up and then bubbles and drains being very loud and the tank almost over flows

Back
Top Bottom