New guy intro with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gulp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I just found this place and have spent a while reading many of the threads.....looks like a great place to chat and get some info so I figured I'd dive in and introduce myself. :D

I've been raising oscars for several years, but after loosing my last and favorite oscar a few weeks ago (Gulp was his name) to Hole in the Head.........I decided to to try something different. My wife and I went with Malawi cichlids. Here's a quick shot of the tank as it is now:
tank-12-30-04.jpg

It's a 110 gallon tank, and I am using (1) Emperor 400, and (2) Magnum 350 canisters (one with a micron, the other with crushed coral packs and filter medium) for my filtration.

Here's one more showing the cabinet and hood my Grandpa built me a few years ago. Even at 80 years old.....he's still able to do some awesome work. I'm extremely proud of what he did, so I like to brag about it a bit too much. :lol: :
tank-12-30-04a.jpg

There are more pictures of the cabinet and the fish we have here:
http://www.roadrashed.com/Aquarium pics/Cabinet/
http://www.roadrashed.com/Aquarium pics/New arrangement/Cichlids/

Oh well, that's probably enough for now.....off to read more threads. :D

Welcome to AA! :invasion: :invasion:

What an introduction! Very impressive indeed. Of course, I'm sorry to hear that Gulp (what an appropriate name btw) has gone on to fishy heaven. But the fact that you haven't given up on the hobby speaks volumes!

Enjoy the threads and there is a particular one for your enjoyment. It's called "Christmasfish's answer to everything". It is our "humor" thread. You can find it in the lounge.

:B-fly: welcome beautiful tank and great pics! you may want to check out reefrunners photo site also link in my sig 8)

Back
Top Bottom