New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim Wheatley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone.

Found this app on my iPhone. I hadn't heard of this forum before but it looks pretty active, which is great.

I'm probably newer to the hobby than most of you. I grew up with tanks but had to wait to get my own until 2009. I read and read for many years, listened carefully growing up and feel I've done a good job so far.

I still have the first three fish I bought in 2009. At that point I lived in Massachusetts and we moved (with fish) late in 2009 to Illinois. No casualties. :)

I'm really lucky in that I have found a family owned fish store. I've exchanged fish, sold fish and bought fish and equipment. I feel a good LFS can really help make this hobby easier (where else would you sell an 18" Pleco with a gourmet appetite for brine shrimp like I had - !!!) This means that I have experienced quite a few fish, seen how they interact and should I hope be able to give some decent advice.

Right now I have a 75, 55, 29, 29, 29, 20 and 10 gallon tanks. One 29 is brackish and the rest are freshwater. All tanks are over filtered with hang on back filters except my 75 which has a Fluval FX5 instead. Each tank is setup with what I think of as a centerpiece fish and dither fish of some sort too. I have some fish in the tanks that I intend to merge into a planned 400 gallon at some point. I keep an Oscar, syn cat, silver dollars, angels and clown loaches. Long term the clowns, for example, I want to be with the Oscar but they're way too small at the moment.

Anyway, that's a brief (haha) intro. I am also a photographer, so I have good photos of every fish I've owned. I'll post my flickr link sometime. :)

Tim.

Hi folks,

It's been a long time since I was here. Just saying hi again and hoping to be around more again. I now just have two 125 US Gallon tanks. No smaller ones.

Cheers,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom