New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvmyjacks2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm Lou. I just set up my cichlid in tank not to long ago. I have a lot of questions so confused with these two.

Hi I'm Lou. I just set up my cichlid in tank not to long ago. I have a lot of questions so confused with these two.

Hello! Welcome to AA! Glad to have you on board. Tell use your questions and we will be glad to answer them to the best of our knowledge

Well I have two Jack Dempseys. I purchased them at the same time. Now a month and a half layer one of them is bigger and super aggressive, the other is not much bigger from when I purchased. I can't tell what sex they are. Plus the bigger one is always chasing the little one being a bully, thrn other times they huddle together. So confused need help. I do have a video of the two in action

Well I have two Jack Dempseys. I purchased them at the same time. Now a month and a half layer one of them is bigger and super aggressive, the other is not much bigger from when I purchased. I can't tell what sex they are. Plus the bigger one is always chasing the little one being a bully, thrn other times they huddle together. So confused need help. I do have a video of the two in action

Welcome to the forum. What size tank do you have?

Thanks i have a a 30 gallon, but getting a 55 gal text week.

There's not enough territory for them. I think the rule is 1 JD for 75. Sorry to be the barer of bad news. You could always try rehoming them. I know EBJD stay smaller and have better colors IMO

There's not enough territory for them. I think the rule is 1 JD for 75. Sorry to be the barer of bad news. You could always try rehoming them. I know EBJD stay smaller and have better colors IMO

He is right. The bigger one is dominant and bullying the other one. The smaller one may not make it if not moved asap

I kind of figured that. I'll just have to get w bigger tank. I luv those little guts. If I decide to keep both. What size tank do u suggest, and.what other fishes could Mic with my JD if any.

I kind of figured that. I'll just have to get w bigger tank. I luv those little guts. If I decide to keep both. What size tank do u suggest, and.what other fishes could Mic with my JD if any.

125g minimum and no other fish to be honest

Maybe a pleco, not the commons and I agree with the 125

Back
Top Bottom