New here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pibble

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I took my time a little in introducing myself, but hello! I've grown up keeping fish, but that said, I've mostly gone on advice from my lfs's to much disappointment in the long run. I've stalked these forums for advice for a while since acquiring a 45 gal corner bow front tank from my mum's friends who moved. I wanted to do things right, and it seems there is much more knowledge here. I stocked my tank with tetras, barbs, corys and platies, as I missed the 55 gal community tank we had when I was a kid in Illinois. Now I realize it was grossly overstocked, however it went strongly for 2 years before we had to move and sold the fish. My mum also has a nano reef, and my fiance has a molly tank after seeing how fun my tank has been. I have multiple empty tanks right now from reptiles of my childhood, and a 75 gal long that I'm itching to restart. Money is extremely tight right now, but I'm looking into ways to upgrade my lighting, filtration and aquascape my tank with plants for less than the lfs prices. I'm new to plants, so I've been digging for info. I'm also looking for blue tiger shrimp from a good vendor :D in the near future. My tank has a few problems recently though because of something really stupid I did while I was sick and couldn't function properly. Anyway, I hope to learn enough eventually to be a real pro at this through life experiences, research and the knowledge base here!

I have multiple empty tanks right now from reptiles of my childhood, and a 75 gal long that I'm itching to restart.

Hello Pibble and welcome to AA!....Having a empty tank is almost more than I can bear, it reminds me of being a kid staring at presents under the Christmas tree :)

Back
Top Bottom