New here, but not to fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Straick85

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been looking around here for a bit, and finally decided to join. I just moved from a 10 gallon up to a 55 gallon, both of them being planted, just moving the plants and filter(a Fluval 106) from the one to the other. I know that canister isn't intended for a 55, but i count on the plants for the biological and the filter to move the water and keep it clear.
I did get some more fish, in addition to the betta and 4 neon tetras that where in the 10. All told, there's a betta (he goes by the name of Flare), 8 zebra danios, 6 neon tetras, and 1 otto cat (I thought biologically eveeything was good, until i found out that api reagents have a shelf life under 8 years).
I am running pressurized co2 from a Fluval 88g regulator connected to a 16 ounce paintball tank through a Sera 500 co2 reactor.
The algae in the attached picture is from running out of co2 (I didn't realize how quickly a 88 gram caryridge would go on a 55 gallon), and has gotten spot treated with h2o2(approximately 20 mil was applies to it, now waiting).

Sorry if this is overly long for a first post, I'm just overly excited about this setup. I've been wanting to do a plantes tank larger than 10 gallon for a couple of years.

Attachments

• 1468890925760.jpg
    1468890925760.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 46
Hi, welcome to the forum :) Beautiful betta!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Back
Top Bottom