New here! Frustrated & Fascinated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justjes45

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I started my tank in January 2015. I started with live sand and live rock and built up from there. I had a rough start with a stowaway gorilla crab, recovered for a bit but now have lost my fish and anenome one at a time…
The closest fish store is about an hour away, and I don't have anyone close to "geek out" with.
I have done a ton of reading, and "You Tube Schooling" but a lot of it can be conflicting...
I have a Nuvo 30 aquarium
Current Orbit Marine LED light
And now added a Aqua Euro Protein skimmer

I was also told to add a magnet-attached fan thing to increase the current, but it has slurped up my Sea Hair, and a beautiful Spanish Dancer... I have since unplugged it... Snif...

I was told to put my lights on a low blue only, to then learn ( after 2 anenome disappeared) that they like a brighter light...

My water balanced perfect each time I test it, thanks to my blood shrimp and camel hump shrimp for running clean up....

I love LOVE my tank, I am just frustrated with the deaths of my new toys...

Two Gobys and one Black Capped Basslet (?) have disappeared without a trace.... No sign of any other stowaways....

Any advice for a newcomer is welcome!
I will continue to lurk and learn here...

-Jess.

Just sitt'in round, staring at my tank...

Welcome to the forum!!! Have you moved your rock around to look for the gobys? I know I 'lost' my pink spotted goby for a few days before moving around some rock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi! I had a couple of rocks shift in the night... I am wondering if "he" got smushed... I am sad.... But hopeful, maybe he will pop out the back?

Just sitt'in round, staring at my tank...

I would check under those rocks. I think I trapped mine under the rock, and had to force him out so i could place the rock back down.
How long have they been missing? If it hasn't been that long you might want to wait

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi all, and thanks! [emoji173]️[emoji225]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first of all Welcome
You found the right place to get all the info you need to succeed , the biggest thing is not to be shy just ask the question as dumb as it may sound it may be the one that is causing you the biggest pains ,
as for fish stores you are not alone , but I came to realize fish by mail I been doing this for god knows how long with great success a long with corals ,
there are a lot of knowledgeable people here in both the saltwater and freshwater worlds , you will find the answers you need , our goal is to help everyone succeed ,
look forward to seeing you on the forums and can't wait to see you ride that wave to success

Back
Top Bottom