new hopin i do this right...lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjacks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi! Ok where to start... i havent really had much experience with this hobby just a hmmm prolly 10gal tank when i was a teen with a betta,a few neon tetras n a black moore. Thought i knew it all ..wrong so i now have a too small 5.5gal i bought on a whim at petsmart bc i saw the great sale n poor bettas that reminded me of my childhood..plus my sister kept on u know u want one im gettin 6 tiger barbs whats 1 lil fish..meanwhile hers died it hasnt even been a month n i inherited her 3 otoscinclus she bought the day she found hers dead upon arriving home.. i now have to upgrade tank sizes n hope for the best til i do.. i plan to get a 29gal-40gal not sure yet..plus i want to try my hand at live plants (just some easier ones) I spend a lot of my spare time researchin everysite i find online n tryin not to overthink things..i feel like im leavin something out but i know im rambling ...sry oh n dont judge my bright rocks i didnt buy them my sister did.. well my pictures want loaf now so nevermind ill add them later..

Have you cycled this tank? Are you aware of the nitrogen cycle?

Otos are very sensitive and because you have such a small tank, and no algae, they may starve to death. You need to see if they will accept algae wafers as a supplement. Some do, some don't and they die.

Thank u.. i have been lookin around for about a week now..thought it was time to join n . Ok lets see if i can answer all ur questions..i dont remember everything that was said but i know the 3 amigos (otos) r eatin constantly..i did put the tablets my sister had bought for them n ny tank but i didnt like them n dont think they did either.. so i bought some veggie rounds by omega one..i bought some freeze dried brine shrimp by them to n my otos snatched some of it from Neo (betta)..umm cycled tank..its been runnin for almost 3weeks if thats what u mean.. n i bought a better heater today so the water temp is more like 75°-78° now instead of barely 70° the other lil heater did .. in my pic if the otos to me the tummy looked well like a photo i saw of 1 with a tumor i think..but i freaked n started lookin at then closer it doesnt look bubbled out like that just n the photo..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120608_183325.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120608_183325.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20120608_183457.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120608_183457.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom