New in need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smiths714

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I’m sarah! I have a 30 gallon octagon tank atm. I have three Bosemani’s, 2 powder blue dwarf gouramis & neon tetras & platys for the past few months. Just introduced 2 blue & orange dwarf gouramis, & I think they are eating the smaller fish. They are literally disappearing without a trace. I HAD 5 neon tetras, 2 sunset platys, 1 Mickey platy & they all disappeared & one powder blue gourami got pop eye and died immediately.. but I think the new stripped dwarf Gouramis are eating the smaller fish. What do I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the community!

Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle, it is how the water system in your tank can change water parameters with ammonia which is toxic to fish through the nitrification cycle with beneficial bacteria/ BB, back into non toxic water, keeping your tank safe for your fish!

There is an article link in my signature which also has lots of good information for keeping a happy fish tank.

I am wondering that the tank is not cycled with a growing colony of BB, and the poor water quality is causing the fish to die?

Back
Top Bottom