New - Interested in starting my first freshwater-planted tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfly0619

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello to all!

This post is what lead me to create a membership here at Aquarium Advice. I've been reading all morning and afternoon about cycling your tank, introducing fish, and establishing plants in low light aquariums.

I probably won't be able to start my aquarium for another 6 months at minimum. I'm in grad school and will be moving around for fieldwork and such. Not exactly ideal aquarium conditions :lol:

I've not even begun to purchase items, but the reading is addictive in and of itself! There is so much to learn, and I'm excited to participate in this community!

Thanks!!!

Welcome! And it's great to see that you are taking the time to do research before buying. Many start off the other way around, either through impulse or (as in my case) someone thinks tropical fish make a clever gift to a newbie (not so much).

Welcome! It never hurts to do your homework first! It's better for the fish!! :)

Welcome, I am also new. I understand how addictive reading about this stuff is, I spend about 90% of my free time on this and various other aquarium sites lol

Back
Top Bottom