New just some info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejd6307

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm 26 living in pa. I've had animals my most life including tanks of all sizes, I currently have a 90 gal and 40 gal on a stands that I built myself one week I was off work the 90gal has a breeding pair of convict cichlids and one month old fry with 2 Plecos a rainbow shark 3 crayfish and a goldfish to clean up the extra food. shockingly there is minimal aggression except when the other fish get too close to the babies. And the 40 gal for now has my african cichlids 5 for now with a convict female and another rainbow shark as tank mates no aggression either in this tank. Mostly here for more info and tank ideas , I'm not the most artistic person lol

The tanks you've posted sound very nice. Beside cichlid tanks there are 3 other options. Saltwater, community tropical tank or discus. I have no cichlid or discus tanks so I can't tell you much about discus except they look amazing and are delicate. I have 3 community tropical tanks and they are amazing too as you can get so many different fish types in the same tank. But by far the best looking in my opinion is a saltwater reef tank. I have one myself and they are so much more sophisticated then tropical. So if you want a big challenge go for a saltwater tank (very expensive to warn you). A step up from cichlids go for discus or if you want a nice looking tank which is cheap and not much hustle go for a tropical community. :) hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom