New kid!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, love this forum. I read it all the time, and thought it was time to sign in. I live in rural Missouri, on a small farm. I have 2 tanks, one 10 gal QT, and a 90 gallon (i think) FW. I use a magnum 350, and a penguin 350 bio wheel. I have a 400 w heater, and 2 bubble stones. As you can probably tell I'm kind of new at this fish thing. In the big tank I have 5 clown loaches, (my fav), 5 neon tetras, 4 sunburst platties, 1 Black molly, and 3 skeeter minnows from one of our pasture ponds. The QT is being cycled with 2 rosy barbs. I plan on adding some dwrf gouramis to the big tank and probably some others down the road, It seems prety empty right now.
Anyways, Hi! to you all! I'm trying to include a picture, but I haven't figured it out yet!!

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Please do not cycle with live animals.

Sounds like you are having fun and we are glad you are here!

OK, I read the fishless cycle article, & I have access to pure amonia, as I happen to work in a lab!! I guess I thought this was dangerous, but I am now convinced it seems much more humane. Couldn't I also add some water from my established tank to help the process??

You want the nitrifying bacteria which doesn't reside in the water column (I'm assuming FW is about the same as SW..right?), it resides in the substrate, filter media and some other things that are in your tank (sorry, I'm not too familliar with FW, so I don't know where else it would reside). I'll hush up and let the "freshie" experts help.

pictures

figures out how to do it!!

Attachments

• img_0492_130.jpg
    img_0492_130.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 39
Looking nice. With your tank sitting there, I would never be able to tell you what was on the TV above it, because I would be to busy watching the tank. LOL

I definately watch the tank way more than the tv, family knows if they can't find me, I'm in the bedroom watching my fishies!! I could watch them for hours. They have such distinct personalities!!

Back
Top Bottom