New mbr from Kentucky :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Number1cookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thought I would finally introduce myself and my hubby (Cliff). :) we have been silently reading and more reading for a little while now lol. Guess its time we stop stalking and say "hey" lol.

We have had our Oscar for a little over a year now. (he is in a 37 gallon tank right now) Started with three babies but only one made it. He/she is just over a year old now and is a good 8 inches. (yes he needs a bigger home fast lol) he loves peas and blood worms. I have uploaded pics to my profile of our baby.

We acquired a free 75 gallon tank from our friends. They were getting rid of it. We have re-sealed all of the silicone and have just removed the top frame since the middle support bar was broke and will be replacing it. Wow have learned a lot about re-sealing tanks haha. We have uploaded pics of some of the steps in this whole process on our profile as well. We are taking our time so this will be a long term project for us. Hubby will be building a custom stand for this one. Will have to buy filters, heaters, lights, hood, and everything else too *whew*

We are looking at buying a 55 gallon on CL. We are going to look at it tomorrow night (cross your fingers!!) if it works out with the 55 we will move the Oscar to that tank.

One day I would love to have a salt water.. One day lol

If we get the 55, I want to get some angels for the 37 and try my hand at some live plants.

I will also be picking up my brothers octagon aquarium in two weeks (not sure of the dimensions yet). It's been in storage. but not sure yet what I want to do with that tank yet. :)

We currently have gravel but after reading and seeing everyone pics we really want to switch to sand so that's another "project" we have planned :).

Well, hubby just asked if I was writing a book here so I will stop typing now *giggle*. Looking forward to reading and learning :)

Thanks
Martha and Cliff

Welcome from another Lexingtonian. If you would have any interest in a 72 bowfront, shoot me a PM. I've got one that has a beautiful cherry stand and canopy that I've decided not to use.

Welcome, to both you and your husband! (Although from a woman's standpoint, I'm pretty sure he got dragged here with you, haha! :lol:) Anyways, I hope you find what you're looking for, and that setting up everything goes well! The worst part is always the equipment. :D

Back
Top Bottom