The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi folks, I have just started keeping fish, got a 60l troical tank to begin with, it's been running for a month now, expect alot of questions lol look forward to getting to know you all

macian said:
thanks homedog, where can i post a question on young fish? cant seem to find an advice thread

Go to forums, then click on the freshwater general section there should be a thing near the top where you can create a new thread. If you're talking about baby fish that you're raising from eggs/fry, go to the freshwater breeding section. :) hope that's not too confusing! Lol.

Hi, welcome to AA! Tells us a bit more about your tank. Whats the stocking list, filter, lights, do you have a test kit for the water, did you do anything to the tank before adding the fish (cycle)?

You'll love it here lots of information, welcome again.

Hi, welcome to AA! Tells us a bit more about your tank. Whats the stocking list, filter, lights, do you have a test kit for the water, did you do anything to the tank before adding the fish (cycle)?

You'll love it here lots of information, welcome again.

i havent got much in it andreseo, being totally new and worried about the amonia levels i have been slowly putting in some common fish, i only have 7 neon tetras,5 rummy nose tetras, 3 red wags(one male, lol first mistake for a novice) and 3 catfish. but now i have another 3 red wags lol, im guessing they ate the rest so have seperated the remaining 3.

I'm afraid i don't know much about the filters etc, i got advice on what i needed for a 60l tank, used tap safe when filling the tank, and added filter start every 2 days for the first 2 weeks. took a sample to the aquatic centre which was good, so slowly starting to add fish, was going good till the red wags bred lol

ps there is a blue and white light in the top of the tank, got mostly plastic plants and one live one, the usual broken ship with the bubbles coming out and a large rock cave for them to hide in.

Back
Top Bottom