The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

Just thought I would introduce myself here. I stumbled upon this forum whilst looking for information on the possibility of crossbreeding guppy/mollies, which I think I may have done accidentally!

The fish I keep are mainly guppys, mollys, endlers and swordtails though I do have a few remaining loach from previous interests!

Anyway I am from England, and I noticed nearly everyone else is from America!? I don't suppose it should matter so much as fishkeeping is universal.

Lastly, I have had fish, mainly guppies, since I was aged 11 (I received them as a birthday present) and I have kept them ever since as I developed a fascination in selectively breeding to bring out their beautiful coloration's and fancy fins.

Aron

Welcome to AA! I don't keep freshwater, only saltwater, so I can't answer that, but I'm sure someone on here can.

Hi and welcome from a fellow Limey :D I had a quick mooch around the interwebs and it seems that while they can x-breed the success rate is pretty poor and the resultant offspring (if they do survive) are mules which is why, according to one post I read, why we don't see Gollies at the lfs.

Hi, ok so it is possible that I may have a couple surviving ones... They aren't very pretty and they are like a fatter, rounder female guppy but the scales stand out a lot more like on a Molly.

What made me think they had cross bred at first was the fact I only have orange and pure-white Mollies in my tank and these fish looked different to a guppy but with the exact coloration of the female guppy that was birthing around the time I first noticed these fry and separated them.

Back
Top Bottom