New member, 20yrs freshwater- 3 days saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jewwells

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:flowers: Hello there from the middle of America
My name is Jewells, just recently setup a 60 gallon saltwater tank and have been reading many posts & threads here for several weeks prior for knowledge.
Planning on fish and live rocks only because of lighting expense.

So far - Monday 12/1 background blacked out, 60lbs live rocks, 60lbs Caribsea Fiji pink live sand, 50+gallons Rodi saltwater from Picasso near by added in. Adding microbacter7 daily as per label instructions.
Tuesday night I noticed something growing up, it looked like a anemone. Wednesday evening its much bigger. Called Picasso, told its Aiptasia anemone.
Should I be concerned? Should I just plan for some thing to devour? Such as peppermint shrimp?

Right now running a biowheel 350 filter & 350watt heater, ordered a Aquamaxx cyclone-s hob skimmer, 850gph powerhead.
Just don't have the space for a sump style skimmer, figure a 10percent reduction is better than just extra and larger water changes. Not to mention the RODI saltwater from Picasso is $1.25/gal, with in a year the small skimmer should pay for itself.

Well right now running and waiting for the cycling.
Study fish and make decisions about what to have and is best for our setup. Appreciate any suggestions for community style fish.
My freshwater tanks haven't had any issues in years, so hopefully this goes the same way.

Appreciate any and all replies

Jewells

Back
Top Bottom