The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deb_unlimited

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. My family had a community tank when I was a kid and I have fond memories of all the different fish, angel, gourami, sword, molly, guppy, betta... I've wanted to have fish again for a long time but have been moving around too much. Well, we are settled in our new house, and not leaving unless I go feet first, LOL! I'm painting the entire house inside and decorating and have decided that my study is getting an aquarium. Well, I had a 10 gal tank that I had my orchids in for the past two years but they were overcrowded and had to come out. So, I decided to use the tank for fish. Okay, reading, researching online, buying accessories, set up planted tank, find out my light is insufficient for anything but low-light plants. Okay, so low-light plants it is. Two weeks later, can't wait to buy fish...impulse buy betta and 1 cory. Get home, tank is leaking...now what. Leak is slow one, fish go in. Okay, tank will go back to being orchid habitat, mini orchids. Craig's list...find 30 gal set-up for $60, stand included. At WalMart, dead betta on the shelf, rescue one of them...now I have two bettas, buy 1 gal for now. Order two 10 gal tanks for the bettas. Need another heater, hood, filter... OMG...what happened? I've been bitten! I'm painting the 30 gal stand and tiling the top to waterproof it and make it pretty. Planning to keep Dwarf Gouramis, and not sure what else in it. Can't wait to get everything up and running in my gorgeous study!:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom