The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dawny1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name's Dawn.

I've always wanted to keep tropical fish and about eight months ago my husband came home from a job he'd been to and said he'd just bought me a second hand 120 litre tank, including filter, fish everything. I was overwhelmed with all I needed to know and it didn't start off well as the man who gave us the tank had put all the fish in bags with no air and I had to fill up the tank-uncycled and lost all but about five fish! I now only have one huge cory left, who is my favourite as we've survived so much together! I had terrible teething problems, knew nothing about filter changes, water changes, ripple to oxegenate the water and was extremely stressed. Then was plagued by diseases. Then my guppies started breeding just to add to my problems!

Thankfully I'm much more knowledgable eight months on, but still learning. I now have a six foot tank, due to my love of cory's and also have a 54 litre tank in my son's room so that I could separate the male and female guppies so no more babies as was getting a bit out of control and got upset watching my females die in labour, however that tank is a bit overstocked I appreciate so do big water changes and sand cleaning twice a week. I have sand sustrate in both tanks so my cory's are happy! Oh and I also have a baby guppy tank so the babies I have left don't get eaten by my loaches!

Am really looking forward to being able to talk to people with the same enthusiasm and must have been driving the people in my aquatics shop mad up to now with my constant questions as I can't get enough information, although they have all been very patient.

Thanks to you all for your welcomes. I would love to post some pictures but still working my way round the site and can't work ou how to do it!

Back
Top Bottom