The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willayl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All

I am a new member to your community

I am a new owner of an aquarium and am desperately trying to keep my fish alive

I live in Spain and am relying on the knowledge of the local pet shop where I bought my tank, fish, filter system etc (1 of the employees speak English)

I had my tank running for about 2 weeks before adding some fish, I had a beta (Siamese fighting fish) which has since died and 2 celestial eye, 2 iridescent shark (1 of which died) and several other school fish (6 neon tetra)

All of the tetra are dead, some dissapeared completely and I assumed they had been eaten by one of the other fish, I searched through the filter etc with no luck locating the missing fish

Some of the fish developed mould like spots which I had no idea how to treat, this seems to have stopped now byt one of my fish lost 2 of its fins to this mould/flesh eating disease

What I am searching is a forum where I can bounce ideas/problems etc with some advice from long term aquarium owners

All help & advice is readily welcomed

Will

welcome this is a great place to start looking for answers! it sounds like your fish may have ich and fin rot. do you have a heater in the tank? the easiest way to treat that is with raising the temp to 80-82 degrees. there are quite a few meds for fin rot but ill let someone else answer that as i have not dealt with fin rot before. as for the neon tetras they are known to be very delicate when acclimating them to a new tank can you explain how you added them? there are many people on this forum hope you find what your looking for!

Back
Top Bottom