The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chileno

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone

Well i live in California. And I've been in the hobby for quite a while now but for some years i had a tank with one mean cichlid, so now i decided to change things up and do a planted tank. My tank is a 120 gal. I think, and i have 11 tiger barbs, 2 yoyo loaches, 6 neon tetras, 2 gouramies,1 clown loach, 4 sword tails, and 4 hatchet fish ohhh and 2 siamese algea eaters. I also have an 18 gal. With red cherry shrimps.

Thanks everyone, and i hope to get some good information on this site

Actually the first day the tigers were all over the male sword tail. i thought he was gonna die, but after that nothing, they left him alone. i think is because i have a big school of tigers, they are always together and dont mess with any other fish at all

Actually the first day the tigers were all over the male sword tail. i thought he was gonna die, but after that nothing, they left him alone. i think is because i have a big school of tigers, they are always together and dont mess with any other fish at all

Yeah, having a nice school like that helps.

Yes it does! It's nice to watch them too. I wanted a big school of neon tetras but they keep dying on me :( idk why

A huge school of neon tetras is beautiful. A friend of mine has a 150 gallon. He has about 125 neon tetras in there. Sometimes they all swim in unison, its just one giant wall of color, almost mesmerizing.

That's exactly what i wanted, I've bought more than 20 neons and i only have the six left now idk why they keep dying on me, and is only the neons that die

No they seem to all be together and then one gets separated from the school and dies, and it keeps doing that till i have none left, and my stock is on my first comment

No they seem to all be together and then one gets separated from the school and dies, and it keeps doing that till i have none left, and my stock is on my first comment

Hmmm, not sure what is going on. And the ones that get separated from the school look healthy and not nibbled on?

Yea they look healthy but stressed, their colors fade sometimes

If your water parameters are normal and no neons have missing eyes or fins, they may be getting chased at night by the tiger barbs.

Yea is weird, i keep asking myself what it could be, but now i have six neons left and they all seem to be ok, I've had them for more than a month now, but im going to wait a while till i get more and see what happens. Thanks for your answers by the way.

Back
Top Bottom