The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slavo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey All!

So I'm new to AA and thought I'd introduce myself:

I've been in the hobby for a while as I grew up with tanks in the house and have had a few of my own. My dad kept angelfish and even had a nice mating pair for a few years, which in turn inspired me to keep angels and carry on the mantle, as he is no longer in the hobby.

Now married and a father, I find myself enjoying the hobby from a new perspective.

In addition, I've been emersing myself in planted tanks for the past year; researching, experimenting, and absorbing all I can, which has brought the hobby to a new height for me. I am enjoying it so much!

Currently I'm running 2 tanks -

Home Tank - 50G:

Tank & Equipment:
Marineland 50G
2 Marineland Penguin 350's
200W Heater
Finnex Ray 2 36"
ADA Aquasoil - Amazonia
Fluval Stratum

Hardscape:
Mopani Driftwood
Rocks (Found Locally)

Plants:
Blyxa Japonica
Rotala Nanjenshan
Green Wendtii (Cryptocoryne wendtii)
Bronze Wendtii (Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica')
Amazon Sword (Echinodorus amazonicus)
Dwarf Lily (Nymphaea stellata)

Fuana:
3 Red/Blue Colombian Tetras (Hyphessobrycon colimbianus)
1 Bleeding Heart Tetra (Hyphessobrycon erythrostigma)
7 Otocinclus Catfish (Otocinclus sp.)
2 Opaline Gouramis (Trichogaster trichopterus)
2 Pearl Gouramis ( (Trichogaster leeri)
1 Cory Catfish
Considering: re-homing the 4 gouramis & adding 1-2 Bleeding Heart Tetras, 12 Neon Tetras/Cardinal Tetras

Office Tank - 2G, Iwagumi Style:

Tank & Equipment:
Aquatop High Clarity Low Iron Glass Cube 2.11 Gallons (7.5" Cube)
Azoo Palm Filer (w/Pre-filer Sponge)
ADA 5mm Thermometer
Archaea LED Clip 17cm (may swap for Finnex Epoch clip-on)
Aquatop Nano Heater 15W
ADA Aquasoil - Amazonia

Hardscape:
ADA Manten Stone

Plants:
Blyxa Japonica
Dwarf Hairgrass (Eleocharis acicularis)

Fuana:
1 Otocinclus Catfish (Otocinclus sp.)
Considering: CPD's, Amanda Tetras, Amano Shrimp

And of course MTS is startig to creep in :D, so I plan on getting a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long, which I will probably do as an Iwagumi. Man I love this hobby!!

Anyway, I'm glad to a part of AA and look forward to all the knowledge there is to be gained here, and in the same token offer my own to other aquarists.

Welcome to AA :) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about navigating the site or problems with fish :)

Welcome to AA! I see that you caught the "rimless tank" bug! I don't blame you, once I got my first rimless, I dont think I could ever go back...

Welcome to AA! I see that you caught the "rimless tank" bug! I don't blame you, once I got my first rimless, I dont think I could ever go back...

Thanks for the welcome Brian.

Boy did I...it wasn't too long after getting my 2g, that I was already looking at getting another one from aquatop. Man I love their tanks!

But I think now I have sights set on the Mr. Aqua 12g Long; what a tank! I love the floor plan and the panorama that it creates. I'm considering down grading from my 50g (which is not rimless) to this tank. So yeah, I have no plans on going back either lol

I believe that Mr Aqua is going to launch a high clarity version of their 12L... I'm not sure if that matters to you. I kind of feel the same way about standard glass versus low iron now. It's hard to go back! LOL

I believe that Mr Aqua is going to launch a high clarity version of their 12L... I'm not sure if that matters to you. I kind of feel the same way about standard glass versus low iron now. It's hard to go back! LOL

I was thinking the other day that it would be awesome if they did and even looked into it, but couldn't find anything online about it. That's great news!! I would so get one...or two lol

Yea for sure, low iron all the way.

Back
Top Bottom