The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gad2ski

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I'm gad2ski and I am a new member in this community. Since my knowledge about the aquarium hobby is limited, expect a whole lot of questions from me:)

At this moment I have a 20 gallon glow fish tank and a 75 gallon tank that I am in the process of making. This one will be strictly for cichlids. But like I have already mentioned, the tank is not ready yet and it won't be ready for quite some time. I have plenty of ideas that will take time in making but with your help/advice should become a reality soon.

Any and all advices on caring for cichlids would be greatly appreciated. Like I have said, my knowledge is limited and all I have at the moment is a 75 gallon (used) tank and a new stand that I have build for it.

Thanks!!!
gad2ski

Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to include pictures as you build! I'd love to see how it comes out. :)

Thanks! I sure will. Didn't even think to take any pictures, but since I am in a early stage of it all, not much has been lost:)

So this is just about finished. It's a background for my 75 gallon tank. I have used white styrofoam, grey drylok and 100% acrylic paint. Dark green, black and brown. I will do some more finishing touches in a day or so and that's it. Since I have few more projects to start and finish, my background should get submerged in the water in about a month or so. Plenty of time for the drylok and for the paint to cure ( I'm not an expert do I could be wrong).

Any and all feedback is welcomed. Especially if it is on the negative side. After all, I may not see something that others may see, and since my future fish is much more important to me than my own feelings are, let me have it please.

Thanks,
Julian

Question, is 1 tube of silicon enough for a background placement or should I use more?
Thanks!!!

Welcome :) Nice tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Hi Delapool, sorry for such a late response. Been busy. Work always gets in the way of fun things. Anyhow, I am not sure I understand your question but I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. So, I have used 2 GE 1 silicone tubes for the background, including placing it in the tank as well as resealing the entire tank. Half a gallon of drylok and some none toxic acrylic paints. Tank is not ready yet, though. Still have to finish UG jet system but that shouldn't take long. Hopefully :)

More pictures will come once I get all of it ready. I'm working on a UG jets and am waiting for some parts that I need to seal up the aquarium. Got some unusual openings in it and parts had to be custom made. By end of week I should be OK to test all of it and soon after that I can place the setup in the house:)

IMG_00921.jpg

IMG_00931.jpg

For now this is it. I may change the rock once I get some better looking one but not in the near future. Anxious to get the fish in there:)

Back
Top Bottom