The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Momzy6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am Michelle I started keeping fish and plants about 4.5 years ago I was going through a tough patch and I was told to find a hobby I hadn't kept fish in over 18 years. Well I started with a 18 gallon tall tank. A few months later I found a custom 75 gallon...Before I knew it I was setting up co2 and compleatly obsorbed in my new hobby. Anyway over the last year I let go of the co2. Because I just didn't have time for my tank. Well last week I lost all my fish. I am pretty sure my grandson dumped somthing in there. ? So after cleaning my tank and dumping everything I have moved on too cycle starting new once again. Until I have more time going very basic gravel bottom and the plants that survived my recent neglect. I am on day 4 of the fishless cycling process using fish food as ammonia source.???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome Michelle to AA Will be looking forward to seeing your system in the near future[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum :) Sorry to hear about your losses :(

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Aw sad to hear of it. Dreadful to have a major loss like that.

Happy that you came to the community though.

What kinds are your favorite fish, and/or what are you thinking of wanting to build future stocking plans around? Learn from the past, focus and build toward the future.

Well I got impatient today went into lfs looking for ammonia drops. Ended up with 2 plecos 1.00 each 25lbs of substrates needed more of that. seacham prime needed... and 2 bags Marineland bioload

Hoping I do not live to regret this the fish less cycle with fish food was not working for me

Welcome! Wasn't sure but sounded like you have a water test kit? Shame on your loss and congrats on setting it up again :)

Yes I test every morning.

Its clearing nicely. One of my new fishy friends

Attachments

• 1471521795583.jpg
    1471521795583.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 52
  • 1471521809089.jpg
    1471521809089.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 56
Thanks to answer the question I like tetras' cori's ' culi loaches...

Love fish they appreciate everything you do for them and don't talk back like my kids do lol.

Back
Top Bottom