The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mccaskillaaa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. I currently own a 20 gallon freshwater and I am ready to take a dive into saltwater. I'm curious to know if anyone has been successful by mixing dechlorinated tap water for their saltwater. No store in my area carries RO/DI water and I'm not ready to buy a full blown unit yet. Or has anyone tried using imagitarium 5 gallon premixed saltwater? I plan on ordering a 13.5 gallon tank.(fluval sea evo). I would love any feedback!

Okay first of all if this is your first saltwater tank then bigger is better because the water perimeter can take mood swings and it will kill all your fish and coral I recommend going to your local petco before this month ends they have their dollar per gallon and buy the biggest you can afford then go to a LFS and request them to buy RODI water for you and buy it off them but if you go the small way that water should work with the 13.5 then get like 2 clownfish and get live rock and then eventually get corals around 9 months get an anemone but they are not required for clownfish

Back
Top Bottom